This series of tutorials provides an overview of the Silverlight platform through the eyes of Expression Blend.
This allows the reader to learn about the features of Silverlight by simply drawing, resizing, dragging and dropping elements on the design surface of Blend. No code or prior Silverlight knowledge needed.
The content is provided at a high-level to cover a wide array of topics in a short time. Links to more detailed information are provided at the end of each tutorial.
1. Drawing an emoticon in Expression
First steps in getting to know the tools and workspace in Blend
2. Element Transformations
Learn to use Scale, Rotate, Skew and 2.5D Transformations
3. Get Started with Animation
A Quick Overview on Creating Time-Based Animations
4. Playing Video with the MediaElement
Using the flexible MediaElement control as a reusable Surface
5. Arranging Pictures to Learn
Use the Grid, StackPanel, ScrollableViewer and Border to position Images
6. A Look at Text in Silverlight
Learn about Displaying Text, Font Properties and Embedding Fonts
7. Import an Adobe Photoshop File
Convert the assets from a Photoshop file into Interactive Controls
8. Styling and Skinning Controls
Customize the Look by Setting Properties and Building Templates
9. Styling and working with Design-Time
Explore how Templates and Bindings are used to display dynamic data
10. Giving Behaviors a Test Drive
A brief overview and walkthrough of the Behaviors included with Blend